| Tanooki & Monkey|
たぬき＆モンキー Tanooki & Monkey
|Appearance||Rhythm Tengoku (Unused)|
|Game Number||N/A (Rhythm Tengoku)|
|Song Used||Tanooki & Monkey|
Tanooki & Monkey (たぬき＆モンキー Tanuki & monkī ) is an unused minigame found within Rhythm Tengoku. Here, you play as a monkey-like drummer, Moné, who has to copy a monkey & raccoon named Salu & Ponta, respectively.
You’re the drummer on the far right. You have to copy the drumming patterns of Ponta & Salu. When Salu plays the snare with his left hand, it is expected that A will be pressed to play the snare drum with your right hand. When he plays with his left hand, it is expected that D-Pad Right is used to drum it with your right hand. However, the full drum controls are available; therefore, the player doesn't have to use the respective hand to drum. When Ponta plays his tom-tom, use D-Pad Down to copy him. You get three tries for each pattern. At the end of the game, you’ll get a numbered high score, like in Tengoku’s Rhythm Test & Megamix. However, when you get a game over, the game will abruptly end, thus giving you a zero.
- A: Hit the middle drum with your right hand
- Down: Hit the left drum
- Right: Hit the middle drum with your left hand
- Hit: You play the pattern correctly. The game moves on to the next pattern.
- Barely: N/A
- Miss: Salu points out that the pattern is wrong and asks you to try again. You only get three tries on each pattern.
- As mentioned in the Hobonichi interview, this minigame was one of the over 20 original rhythm games.