|Shrimp make surprisingly|
good dancers and will jump
at the chance to show off
their skills. Try not to
bump into anyone.
|Rhythm Heaven Fever|
|Shrimps love to dance any|
time they hear music, but
they don't like having their
tails stepped on.
|Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise|
|Rhythm Games||Next →|
エビおんど Ebi Ondo
Shrimp Shuffle (エビおんど Ebi Ondo ) is the 32nd Rhythm Game in Rhythm Heaven Fever. In this game, the player is the third of the low tide dance quartet, The Shrimp Scamperers, and must move in sync with the others to the beat.
The player controls the third shrimp from the left and must press Ⓐ to the beat so as to not bump into other the shrimp. The shrimps exclaim "Together!" to start the pattern, followed by the announcer saying "1, 2, 3! 3, 2, 1!" to the beat. Occasionally, the shrimp will pause, which shifts the next pattern to the offbeat, before returning to the onbeat afterwards. The announcer will sometimes replace "3, 2, 1!" with "A, B, C!" ("Ebi sea!"). The player will have to press Ⓐ+Ⓑ on 'C' to make the shrimp jump backwards.
- Ⓐ: Hop
- Ⓐ+Ⓑ: Jump backwards
- Perfect!/Ace!: The player's shrimp hops along with the others.
- Early!/Late!: The player's shrimp hops along with the others, but slightly out of sync. Unlike most games, there's no visual or audio effect to indicate this.
- Miss...: The player's shrimp bumps into one of the other shrimps.
|You, uh, kinda crowded the others.|
You had some trouble jumping back.
You had trouble with the waits.
|Eh. Good enough.|
|Solid tail work out there!|
Really good leaping!
You waited very patiently.
|You were all over the place.|
Your jumps were a little off.
You didn't listen to the instructions.
|Your tail work was great!|
Your jumps were impressive.
You know when to wait.
Beat the Beat Rhythm Paradise
- Humorously, whenever the Shrimp Scamperers pause, the dolphins in the background will halt in midair.
- The game's music and Prologue theme are similar to those of The☆Bon Odori.
- The game is based around a pun that was lost in translation. The voice cues the backwards jump can refer to either "ABC", the first three letters of the English alphabet, or it can refer to "Ebi Sea", with "Ebi" meaning "Shrimp" in Japanese.
- In Minna no Rhythm Tengoku, the Epilogues show the letter "C" in the background in reference to this. In all other versions, it was made into a circle.
- In Rhythm World Wii, the Prologue and Superb Epilogue had their colors changed to avoid the resemblence to the "rising sun" flag used by Japan at the time, which is considered offensive in Korea, as a result of Japanese occupation in the peninsula.
In Other Languages