|Fellow Martians, I've encountered |
an Earthling! I'm going to attempt to
translate what it says.
|Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
Second Contact (かえってきた 通訳者 Kaettekita Tsuyakusha "Return of Interpreter") is the 46th minigame in Rhythm Heaven Megamix and the sequel to First Contact. The goal of the game is to translate what is being said to the rhythm. It is similar to First Contact. In this game, the player controls a Martian translating a human named Farmer Bob.
Second Contact's gameplay focuses on repeating a pattern by hitting the A button or directional pad. Farmer Bob will start by speaking to a rhythm represented by a symbol (a picture of a human) and then give the Martian a cue to repeat that same rhythm, translating the symbols to words. The gameplay is the same as its prequel, but with faster and more complex rhythms.
Hi, people of Mars!
How do you do?
I am an Earthling.
Don't get your hopes up...
Not all humans...
look as good as me!
Let's get some tea...
and talk planets.
I'm going to...
work up my courage to say...
to [A different three-syllable name may appear here each time.]...
long I have been...
very much in love with...
yummy PORK RICE BOWLS!
I should head back soon...
for my tentacle graft.
Guess who I am?
You guys look like octopuses!
I want a taco.
Where are the donuts?
Are you gonna eat that?
Did I say something wrong?
- Ⓐ or ✚/Tap: Translate
- Perfect!/Ace!: The correct translation of Farmer Bob's words appears. He then nods.
- Early!/Late!: The Martian translates Farmer Bob's words in a high-pitched voice.
- Miss...: A question mark is displayed over the failed section, and the rest of the sentence is not translated. If a sentence is missed from the beginning, dialogue from the "bad dialogue" section appears instead, making Farmer Bob look sad. Bob then shakes his head.
|Mars Control to Farmer Bob|
|What was that? We wait with bated breath!|
Didn't quite catch that--not sure we wanted to.
|Yup, definitely heard you loud and clear...|
Even when things got awkward, you nailed it.
We were feeling the love...unfortunately.
|Tell me again what a "verb" is...?||Friendship.||Welcome to Mars!|
|Everyone was surprised at how quickly we started a culinary exchange with Mars, but they shouldn't have been. Look at it! It's basically a space meatball!|
The Skill Star appears on the line "...Ladies!"
Second Contact appears in the following Challenge Train courses:
- When the martian scientists are shown, the alien from Spaceball can be seen.
- When the Martian badly translates the Earthling's language, his high-pitched voice is a sped up version of the Wrestler when he does poses to the fans in Ringside.
In Other Languages