"Fellow Martians, I've encountered
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Second Contact|
かえってきた 通訳者 Kaettekita Tsuyakusha
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Second Contact (かえってきた 通訳者 Kaettekita Tsuyakusha "Return of Interpreter") is the 46th minigame and it's a sequel to First Contact in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The point of the game is to translate what is being said to the rhythm. It is similar to First Contact. In this game, the player controls a Martian translating a human named Farmer Bob.
Second Contact's gameplay focuses on repeating a pattern by hitting the A button or directional pad. Farmer Bob will start by speaking to a rhythm represented by a symbol (a picture of a person) and then give the Martian a cue to repeat that same rhythm, translating the symbols to words. It is also played the same way like in prequel, but this time it's more complex and a bit tricky having symbols appearing really fast to hit.
Hi, people of Mars!
How do you do?
I am an Earthling.
Don't get your hopes up...
Not all humans...
look as good as me!
Let's get some tea...
and talk planets.
I'm going to...
work up my courage to say...
to [A different three-syllable name may appear here each time.]...
long I have been...
very much in love with...
yummy PORK RICE BOWLS!
I should head back soon...
for my tentacle graft.
Guess who I am?
You guys look like octopuses!
I want a taco.
Where are the donuts?
Are you gonna eat that?
Did I say something wrong?
- A or D-Pad: Translate
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Translate
- Hit: Proper translation of Bob's words occurs.
- Barely: The Martian translates Farmer Bob's words in a high-pitched voice.
- Miss: A question-mark is displayed over the failed section, and the rest of the sentence is not translated. If a sentence is missed from the beginning, dialogue from the "Bad dialog" section appears instead, making Farmer Bob look sad.
- "Mars Control to Farmer Bob"
- "What was that? We wait with bated breath!"
- "Didn't quite catch that--not sure we wanted to."
- "Eh. Passable."
- "Yup, definitely heard you loud and clear..."
- "Even when things got awkward, you nailed it."
- "We were feeling the love...unfortunately."
|Everyone was surprised at how quickly we started a culinary exchange with Mars, but they shouldn't have been. Look at it! It's basically a space meatball!|
The Skill Star for this game can be collected when the human says "...Ladies!"
- Copycats (Super Hard!)
- When the Martian scientists are shown, the alien from Spaceball can be seen.
- When the Martian badly translates the Earthling's language, his high-pitched voice is a sped up version of the Wrestler when he does poses to the fans in Ringside.
- This game, unlike the other three sequels to the original games, actually seems to be a true sequel, even having a call-back to the "PORK RICE BOWLS!" gag in First Contact. Due to this, some fans call First Contact the "real" game, despite Second Contact having the "Return of" title in the Japanese name (which refers to the "true" games in The Best Plus) & being in Left-Hand Remix.
- Even more so, it's appearance in Citrus Remix has a reporter translating a orange alien, similarly to First Contact.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||かえってきた通訳者||Return of Interpreter|
|German||Der zweite kontakt|
|Korean||돌아온 통역사||Return of Interpreter|