|Return the ball to the beat!|
The trick is knowing how
quickly the ball is coming
at you. Good luck!
|Rhythm Rally 2|
|Even better than table tennis|
is table tennis on a huge cake.
This is an undeniable truth.
|Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
Rhythm Rally 2 (かえってきた ピンポン Kaettekita Ping-Pong ), known in Rhythm Heaven as Rhythm Rally (ピンポン Ping-Pong ), is the 1st Rhythm Game of the second stage (6th overall) in Rhythm Heaven and the 2nd of Barbershop Tower (54th overall) in Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
The game takes place in a featureless white plain in Rhythm Heaven, and a giant cake in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The player takes control of a Paddler, who is playing a table tennis match with their rival. The rival serves a ball, and the player must hit it back. There are three speeds of served balls: The normal ball, which bounces on every beat; the slow one, which bounces higher on every two beats; and the fast one, which is preceeded by a cowbell noise, after which the ball is bounces on each half beat before it's hit back.
- Tap (Hold): Prepare to swing
- Tap (Release): Cancel
- Flick: Swing paddle
- Ⓐ/Tap: Swing paddle
- Perfect!/Ace!: The player hits the ball, and the rally continues.
- Early!/Late!: The player hits the ball in such a way that it bounces off the table to the side (right if early, left if late), making a "doink" sound. The rival serves a new ball afterwards.
- Miss...: The player never hits the ball. The rival serves a new ball.
|You don't seem to grasp the basics.|
You're not a good judge of distance.
You need to work on the fast bits.
|You've nailed the fundamentals!|
You have a good eye for distance.
You've got great reflexes.
|Sometimes it hurts to lose...||That was a great match!||Nothing beats a good rally!|
|I really wanted to win this time...||Good game!||Nothing beats a good rally!|
|Strawberry Paddle||Sales Pitch #2|
|Welcome to Rhythm Table|
Tennis! Our special today is
the strawberry paddle! Isn't it
adorable? And I guarantee that
you will never find a table-
tennis paddle that smells better!
The Skill Star appears after the four slow rallies followed up by a fast one at the middle of the game.
Rhythm Rally 2 appears in the following Challenge Train courses:
- This is one of the few games to use 3D models in the Rhythm Heaven Series.
- The prologue in Rhythm Tengoku Gold is colored, unlike other regions which show a silhouette instead. This applies to the arrange version as well. There is also an unused version of the prologue featuring a muscular Paddler.
In Other Languages