"I love music!"
|Artwork from Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Appearances|| Rhythm Tengoku,|
Rhythm Heaven Fever,
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
After perfecting Night Walk 2 in Rhythm Tengoku, you unlock an email called "Night Walk Riddle." The email tells the player that "the little guy in Night Walk" loves music, and has appeared in several other music related games. The writer of the email actually met Play-Yan on the street and tried to talk to him. Play-Yan responded only with, "I love music!" before walking away up some stairs.
The email writer gives the player a riddle. You have to piece together the numbers to find out what his name is. The riddle goes as follows: "The music loving fellow is named... (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
"You know how the (1)layer in Quiz has to push the button the right number of times to wi(7)? Wel(2), instead of stopping on the right answer tr(5) pushing the buttons as m(3)ny times (6)s possible for a cool surprise! Well, at least I think it's prett(4) cool."
Not only does piecing out the clues spell out "playyan", but it also tells the player about the easter egg in Quiz Show where pressing the buttons over 99 times breaks everything.
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
The only information Rhythm Heaven Megamix gives us on Play-Yan is that he has an impeccable sense of rhythm and magic flowers grow in the footsteps of his presence.
- Night Walk
- Remix 4 (GBA)
- Remix 6 (GBA)
- Night Walk 2
- Remix 7 (GBA)
- The Dazzles (cameo)
- The Dazzles 2 (cameo)
- Remix 9 (DS) (cameo)
- Remix 7 (Wii) (cameo)
- Night Walk (Megamix)
- The Dazzles (Megamix) (cameo)
- Play-Yan appeared as a cameo in The Dazzles, where he is shown hanging on some of the stars.
- Play-Yan is named after the PLAY-YAN, a media player that would allow a Game Boy Advance or a Game Boy Micro to play MP3s and videos via an SD card. He would appear there as a cameo, and Night Walk would appear as a background for the menu.
- Play-Yan is one of few characters who has appeared in all 4 games in the series, although he mostly shows up as cameos.
- Play-Yan appears as a visualization in the Nintendo 3DS Sound application, specifically the MP3 Player. He is shown jumping on boxes to the BPM, with the msuic being portrayed as blue stars fading in and out in the background.
- Play-Yan may be revealed of having a slightly childish voice, found when falling into a hole in Night Walk.