"Let's be honest; everything, including
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Pajama Party|
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Pajama Party (Japanese: パジャマズ Pajamas) is the 66th minigame introduced in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. In this game, the player controls a girl in pajamas (Mako in Japan), who is having a pajama party with a group of monkeys.
The player will have to jump at the same time as the monkeys in the row or column that most move, similar to Cheer Readers or The Dazzles. This may involve jumping by pressing A button, or going to sleep by pressing A at the right moment. There are two types of jump cues-- 3-beat & 5-beat- but they are roughly the same. Also, the scenery will take you intoe dreamland after throwing your pillow, which is done by holding and releasing B button. In dreamland, you are a princess, while the monkeys are gentlemen. You must keep jumping, and then throwing the pillow in order to wake up.
If the player does not throw the pillow the first time it is cued, the princess dreamland transformation will not take place.
Ocean sunfish, tuna or galleons can be seen flying in the sky in dreamland. The fish/ship that can be seen is selected at random for each playthrough.
- A: Jump or go to sleep
- Hold B: Prepare to throw
- Release B: Throw the pillow
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Jump or go to sleep
- Hold Stylus: Prepare to throw
- Release Stylus: Throw the pillow
- Hit: When jumping, the girl will jump at the same height as the other monkeys. When throwing her pillow, the girl will throw it and grab it at the same time as the monkeys. When the going to sleep, the girl will go to sleep at the same time as the monkeys.
- Barely: The girl will jump, but at a considerably low height depending on if the player was late or early. When throwing her pillow, the girl throws the pillow, but it will barely leave her hands. When trying to sleep, the girl lands her head too early or late on the pillow and does not sleep. In all three cases, the girl will have an embarrassed expression after each action.
- Miss: If the player does nothing when the monkeys jump, the girl will stumble over with a look of surprise on her face; this also happens if the player does nothing when throwing the pillow. If the player throws the pillow when they are not supposed to, the girl will toss her arms up, but the pillow falls to the ground. When trying to sleep, if the player sleeps off beat, the girl will crash onto the pillow in an odd pose accompanied with a cymbal sound. If the player does nothing when trying to sleep, the girl falls asleep sitting up with a frown on her face.
- "Transmission from Dreamland"
- "Your monkey jumps were lacking."
- "You sure could do with some rest..."
- "The pillow toss could use some fluffing."
- Eh. Passable."
- "You touched the stars with those jumps!"
- "Your pillow tossage is unrivaled!"
- "You slumbered soundly!"
|A Multipurpose Tool|
|A slumber-party staple. Pillows are a friend, cuddle partner, and ammunition. Also, at the end of the party, you can even sleep on one (if it seems clean enough).|
Throw the pillow perfectly the second time to collect the star.
- Getting Vocal 2
- Hello, Ladies...
- This minigame has the same singer, and is sung in a similar style, to Love Lab.
- The monkeys in this game are more akin to their own design seen in Tambourine, and not of the normal rhythm monkey seen throughout the games.
- The hot air balloon from Monkey Watch is seen in this game.
- This is one of four games to get new English cues. The other three are Air Rally, Marching Orders, & Space Dance.
- There is a picture of a mic during the title card, which resembles the one from Fan Club.
- The Japanese voice cue of the pillow being tossed is found in the files of Rhythm Heaven meaning this game was most likely planned to appear.
- The princess version of Pajama Girl does not have a unique sleeping sprite. Also, there is an unused sprite of one of the monkeys looking hurt.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Fiesta de pijamas|
|Korean||파자마 파티 Pajama Party|