|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
Rhythm Heaven Fever
The player controls the tsukkomi (which is a crow), and has to press A twice when the boke (who is a vulture) stops talking. Sometimes the vulture ends up thrashing its head back, in which case you have to press the A and B buttons to slap it. You get one point for every successful action, but one mistake and it's game over!
- A: Talk
- A+B: Slap the vulture.
- Hit: If the player times it correctly, the crowd will cheer. If the vulture is slapped, the crowd will be surprised.
- Barely: If the player is a little late, the crowd will look at the birds with an annoyed look. A barely counts as a hit in this game.
- Miss: If nothing is pressed, or you're off-beat, the crowd will lose interest, and the birds will fall through the floor. One miss ends the game.
All of the puns are based off of the object that they are talking about, whether it be sound or same readings of two words, such as "ame" being "rain" and "candy. " The jokes where the vulture is slapped is just a previous joke but he instead winds up. The crow speaks in the kansai (関西）dialect. Some jokes are repeated once or twice. after the last joke, He will repeat one randomly.
- 布団が吹っ飛んだ (The futon was blown off)
- ミカンがみっかんない (I can't find the orange)
- お金はおっかねい (Money is scary)
- 雨ってあめえ (Rain is candy)
- ラクダは楽だ (Camels are fun)
- 梅ってうめい (Plums are delicious)
- 紅茶を凍っちゃう (To freeze black tea)
- カエルが振り返る (The frog turns over)
- カレーが辛れい (Curry is spicy)
- 思いのほか重い (Beyond thought is heavy)
- 遅れず来ておくれ (I come without being late)
- トイレに行っといれ (To go to the toilet)
- 相手に逢いて (I'm meeting a friend)
- イクラはいくら？ (How much is the salted salmon roe?)
- 草がクサイ (Grass smells bad)
- 廊下で語ろうか？ (Shall we discuss the hall?)
- プリンがたっぷりん (The pudding is enough)
- チャイナに行っちゃいな (To go to China)
- スイカは安いか？ (Is watermelon cheap?)
- イカが怒った (The squid was angry)
- タイに行きたい！ (I want to go to Thailand!)
- トナカイは大人かい？ (Are the reindeer adults?)
- サルが去る？ (Will the monkey leave?)
- サイを見なさい！ (Look at the rhino!)
- 鯛が食べたい！ (I want to eat a sea bream!)
- 太陽が見たいよう (It seems like I want to look at the sun)
- メガネには目がねい (There's no "eye" in "eyeglasses")
- 鶏肉が取りにくい (The chicken is hard to reach)
- 魚かな？まさかな！(How about fish? No way!)
The Crow's Lines
- はい！ はい！ (Yes! Yes!)
- どないやねん！ (What's wrong with you!)
- Manzai is a Japanese comedy routine that involves two comedians. It involves a tsukkomi, or straight man (in this case the crow), who reacts to the bokke, or funny man (the vulture)'s jokes and gags, often with slapstick.
- According to Iwata Asks, the voices were done in-house.
- This game was apparently intended to be a Rhythm Game instead of/as well as an Endless Game. It's name can be found grouped together with other Rhythm Games in the text files, translated as "Comedians" in the North American release, and "Stand Up" (English), "Duo comique" (French), "Manzai (DE)" (German), "Spettacolo comico" (Italian) and "Don Contratiempo" (Spanish) in the European release, and left blank in the Korean release. The other entry of the name is grouped with the Endless Games, and is replaced accordingly with Mr. Upbeat.
- In addition, there is a file for title screen textures for this game (named "layout_prologue_manzai_ver0.szs", the file itself is empty), which supports this idea as in Rhythm Heaven Fever, only Rhythm Games have a title screen.