"The key to karate, as in all other
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Karate Man|
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Karate Man (カラテ家 Karateka ) is the 1st minigame and a short variation of Karate Man from Rhythm Tengoku that appears in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. In this game, you are playing as Karate Joe who must punch flying objects off-screen. The game scenery is pink with light-pink circles. A sequel later appears in Honeybee Tower under the title Karate Man Returns!.
The game revolves around Karate Joe punching objects. As objects fly by the character, the player must press A to punch them off-screen.
- A: Punch
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Punch
- Hit: Karate Joe will punch the object off-screen.
- Barely: Karate Joe will wince as the object lands on the ground just in front of him. A barely counts as a miss.
- Miss: Karate Joe will gasp as the object flies past him.
- "Wisdom from the Master"
- "You needed to focus on the basics."
- "Your triple punches were poor."
- "Try harder next time."
- "Eh. Passable."
- "You have skill in the fundamentals."
- "Your triple punches were precise!"
|Karate Memory #1|
|As a kid, I dreamed of being a soccer player. My father wouldn't hear of it. "You must master karate before you leave my house!" I still live in the basement.|
To collect the first Skill Star, punch the soccer ball at the right moment later in the minigame.
- Simplicity Is Best
- Karate Joe vs. the Monster
- This is one of the few games to have different epilogue screens in both versions, except for the Try Again screen, as it stays the same as the original, but with a slight change. It is switched to the right, rather than the left.
- Like the Karate Man game in Rhythm Tengoku, this is the first game you play.
In Other Languages