|We may look like cute, fluffy lumps of |
joy, but we're a grizzled expedition
team! Our captain trains us hard!
|Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
Flipper-Flop (コロコロたんけん隊 Korokoro Tankentai "Rolling Exploration Group") is the 3rd Rhythm Game of Barbershop Land (21st overall) in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The player controls a Flipper who must flip rolls with the other flippers. In this variant, the scenery begins at night, probably a training during the bedtime.
In this game, the player plays as a flipper, the third one in the row. After the caller says "Attention, company!", you must flip with the other members of the squad by pressing A button. The caller, Captain Tuck, will ask the seals to perform a certain amount of "flipper rolls", which are performed by pressing B button. Each cue goes at the same speed, but there are different intervals and mixes of them. Notice that the faster flip cue is not presented in this variant.
- Ⓐ/Tap: Flip
- Ⓑ/Tap: Flipper-roll
- Perfect!/Ace!: The flipping will continue. After a successful flipper-roll chain, Captain Tuck will compliment the team with a "Good!", "Yes!" or "Nice!".
- Early!/Late!: The player's seal will get close to bumping, and will get a worried look on its face. A small "tick" sound will replace the normal sound. If it happens during a flipper-roll chain, Captain Tuck will not get disappointed during the flipper-roll chain, but will act disappointed after the flipper-roll chain ends.
- Miss...: The player's seal bumps into the seal(s) next to it, causing it to get a silly look on its face while the other seals look annoyed. If the mess-up happens during a flipper-roll chain, Captain Tuck will become disappointed and he will count the remaining rolls in an upset tone of voice.
|Seals of Approval|
|We got bumped into a lot.|
Our flipper-rolls were sort of all over.
|We had fun rolling!|
We coordinated our flipper-rolls well!
|Hot Borscht||Hot Soup, Warm Heart|
|Our captain makes the best borscht! It's got chunks of meat, cubed veggies, and diced love in every bite! It keeps us warm and satisfied all day long. Let's get expeditioning!|
The Skill Star appears during "Two flipper rolls!" in the middle of the game.
Flipper-Flop appears in the following Challenge Train courses:
- The "What are you blubbering for?" text in a try again epilogue screen of the game in American version is originally taken from the European version of Rhythm Heaven Fever.
- Flipper Flop is one of the few games that gained a sequel/threequel in Megamix. The others are Air Rally, Figure Fighter, The Clappy Trio, Rhythm Rally & Karate Man.
In Other Languages