|Pick up some tips from|
DJ Yellow, and see if you
can learn his patented
move. Scratch-o, hey!
This game is about the titular DJ School, where DJ Yellow teaches his Student (controlled by the player) how to look like a DJ. DJ Yellow gives cues like "Break, come on! Ooh!", "And stop! Ooh!", and "Scratch-o, hey!". When he says "Ooh", the player needs to tap and hold to stop the record, and when he says "Hey", the player needs to flick to get it moving again.
- Tap (Hold): Break
- Tap (Release): Stop break
- Flick: Spin disk
- Perfect!/Ace!: When breaking, the student breaks correctly with a flash in the background. When flicking, he scratches the record correctly, DJ Yellow looks delighted, and the audience cheers.
- Early!/Late!: The student breaks or scratches the record off the beat, with DJ Yellow giving a worried look.
- Miss...: The student breaks or scratches the record completely off the beat (or not at all), with DJ Yellow having Xs in his eyes. The audience boos.
|DJ Yellow says...|
|I don't know about those breaks...|
Your stops were off.
|Hm... ()/Hmm... ()|
I don't know...
I guess that was all right.
Great timing on the stops.
|You could use another session.||Yeah, not too shabby, hey!||Lookin' like a real DJ!|
- DJ Yellow and his student make a cameo appearance in Cheer Readers during one of the "OK, it's on!" cheers in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
- The Student makes a cameo appearance in the Try Again epilogue of Catch of the Day as a fishmonger in Rhythm Heaven Fever and Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
- DJ Yellow has two unused sprites; one where he is seen giving a thumbs up (meant for gameplay), and another looking cross (meant for the epilogues).
In Other Languages
|French||L'école des D.J.||The school of D.J.|
|Italian||Scuola per DJ||School for DJs|
|Spanish||Escuela de DJs||DJ school|
|Korean||DJ 스쿨||DJ School|