|I like to hang out at the bottom of|
these stairs, because sometimes
fruit bounces down them. Free fruit!
|Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Catchy Tune|
階段キャッチ Kaidan Catch
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Catchy Tune (階段キャッチ Kaidan Catch ) is the 4th Rhythm Game in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. In this game, the player controls two characters, Praline & Araline, one with the letter "A" on their shirt, and one with a D-Pad "+" on their shirt, as they catch the pineapples and oranges that bounce off from the top of stairs in an alley in the city.
The normal variant later appears in Honeybee Tower under the name Catchy Tune 2.
The object of the game is to catch the fruit that drop from either the left or right sides of the screen. You use the D-Pad (+) for Praline to catch the ones on the left, and the A button for Araline to catch the ones on the right. The oranges are quick and bounce low (in three beats), but the pineapples are slower and bounce high (in three different beats).
- A: Araline; catch
- D-Pad: Praline; catch
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Either Araline, Praline, or both; catch
- Hit: The player catches the fruit in their hands.
- Barely: The player will flick the fruit away. A barely counts as a miss.
- Miss: The player will be hit in the face by the fruit.
|You missed some oranges.|
The pineapples were tough, huh?
|You caught those oranges well!|
Those pineapples can't get past you!
|Paper Bag||Canvas Bags, Please!|
| I love the market on the hill,|
but the bags they use are so
flimsy! Yesterday my bag ripped
and all of my fruit-salad
ingredients went bouncing
down the stairs!
When two pineapples are falling down the stairs, on both sides, catch both of them at the right moment to collect the star.
- A Tale of Dietary Fiber
- A poster of the Clappy Trio can be seen on the wall.
- This game has similar controls/rhythm to Polyrhythm, its sequel, & Tram & Pauline.
- This game's song plays in the official trailer, including the sound effects.
- This game is included in the Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demo.
- This game's files include some unused spritesheets of a monkey and cat, as well as an apple, a peach, a puppy & kitten, and a coconut.
- Surprisingly, these spritesheets can be found in Catchy Tune 2 too.
- According to the debug menu, there was going to be a third game (likely named "Catchy Tune 3"), but it was scrapped for unknown reasons.
In Other Languages